How to Pick a Moving Company
* Verify the company of choice is licensed and insured.
* Contact the Federal or State Department of Transportation and verify the moving company you’re considering has obtained a license to operate.
* Consider if you’re being charged an hourly rate or by weight of items. Ask about any additional fees or charges for extra large items.
*Inquire about the company’s policy if damage or loss were to occur.
* Have a garage sale. Don’t move what you don’t need.
* Get organized now. Don't wait until the last minute. Make a list of things you need to do and when.
* Make sure you are ready for the packers and movers. Don't forget to do the laundry, wash the dishes, pack your suitcases, AND DISCONNECT computers, stereos and VCRs.
* Set aside those items that you will be taking with you and clearly mark them as “Do Not Pack”.
* Arrange to close your accounts at your local bank and open accounts in your new hometown.
* Obtain a change-of-address kit from your post office or go to https://moversguide.usps.com * Drain the gas and oil from all your power equipment (lawnmower, edger).
* Schedule house cleaning and other home services for the day after loading.
* Have your utilities shut off the day after loading (gas, electric, telephone).
* Make your travel arrangements for the day after loading. In case of weather delays or other unforeseen problems, you wouldn't want to miss a flight or other travel related appointment, (if applicable).
* Before the moving truck leaves for your destination, make sure the driver has your phone numbers and you have the drivers name and number as well.
Be aware of items that cannot be moved with the mover.
These items include:
* Prescription Medications
* Flammable Items
* Combustible Items
* Aerosol cans
* Hazardous Materials
* Ammunitions and Explosives
*Legal Documents (wills, financial papers, insurance documents, etc.)
* Fill boxes completely and to the top to avoid collapsing when stacked.
* All boxes must have a lid and be taped shut. * Heavy items in small boxes (books, paper work) light items in bigger boxes (plastics, cloth items).
2520 U.S. 23
Tawas City, MI 48763
Office - 989.362.8383
Fax - 989.362.0648
Toll Free - 800.248.3954
"THE MAKE IT EASY MOVERS"